Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Seeing God in a Positive Light

Personally, I'm stumped as to the reason for questioning the existence of a Higher Power, within or without ourselves. To me, individually, it makes a difference in my life to believe there's more to me than mere flesh and blood. If it seems to make no difference to others, then that's their prerogative as long as we can all live and let live in harmony. I think we're all in agreement that it's a matter of perspective, need, and ultimately, faith (understanding, not blind.)

If I AM and all that ever was or will be, then the all-knowing, all-loving God, good, exists on earth as it is in heaven. If the kingdom of God is here and now (neither lo here nor lo there,) but within, then all there is to do is learn to recognize that for what it is. If that truth holds up to the test of time, then in that light, everything which contradicts it is surely based on fear and false belief.

As for a personal Devil, or duality of God -- Mary Baker Eddy addresses this age-old belief throughout her writings. I have never seen it explained so clearly and logically anywhere else, and although I have not studied other philosophies extensively -- I have heard many people of different faiths speak of their core beliefs and inquired to learn if other theories come close to Christian Science. So far, I have found nothing quite like it. To get a whole 'nother perspective on the co-existence of good and evil, check out Healing Unlimited's article, Is there a personal devil?

Vayan con Dios, Amigos ~

See more at Philosophy Spirit -> God vs no God discussion

Comments:
Holaaaaaaaaaaaa {{{New Wings}}}

And I thought I was the only one who was MIA around here! When did you post this comment? My regrets for not being faithful to the blog in February. I usually update 43T and B+ at the same time, but I've been concentrating on the new program (see next message to be posted.) What will be the future of our blog and its participants, do you think?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?