Monday, December 12, 2005

Positive direction

My attempts to make time and space to complete the last book in the revised series of Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures (by Mary Baker Eddy) have been mostly futile, and in the efforts to pursue a related goal, I have come to realize exactly why this has been such a challenge (besides the obvious run-in with MAM.) There seems to be no end to the amount of tasks to be accomplished in my life, and this past month I have been implementing a planning system to organize my thoughts in conjunction with my highest needs.

Order and discipline are two of the skills which need honing so I can accomplish this goal in a timely manner. I am slowly, but surely, working it all into my schedule in the form “big rocks” as Steven Covey (of FranklinCovey.com) refers to those things which hold top priority in our lives. Following his admonition to designate time and space for planning and “sharpening the saw” (self-improvement, study) as essential to daily business—I am determined to make that happen!

Because I usually prefer to jump right in to the day’s routine and tackle whatever’s on the agenda, stopping long enough to see the big picture and organize my day is something that I have often neglected to do. I can get a lot accomplished in this way, but not always those things on the top of my list of priorities.

My weekly schedule is still somewhat flexible, but now the daily task lists are itemized accordingly, so I have some positive direction. I’ve been getting a running start by making out my plan and doing some reading on the treadmill each morning, which meets my needs to get going right away and still put in the necessary time to meet a few of the most important, life-altering goals on my list.

Vayan con Dios, Amigos


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?