Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Life Maintenance Outage begins on a positive note

My husband began the regular maintenance outage at his nuclear plant last Friday, and I thought this would be the perfect motivational opportunity to tune up my act, too. I’ll be 43 for at least 43 more days, and NOW is the accepted time (II Corinthians vi. 2.) to get down to business!

I have a new FranklinCovey Planner, courtesy of The Pampered Chef, which proved a Godsend while planning for a big Community event last month. This morning I’m taking the first step toward this goal by learning how to use the system even more effectively with the online tutorial.

I want to touch base with all of my goals each week of the LMO, keep in contact with my teammates and supporters, and make a positive change for the better by making time work for me!

Vayan con Dios, Amigos

“And the evening and the morning were the first day.” (Genesis i. 5.) The objects of time and sense disappear in the illumination of spiritual understanding, and Mind measures time according to the good that is unfolded. This unfolding is God’s day, and “there shall be no night there.” – Glossary, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy


P.S. I installed the blog add-on to 43T, but the formatting loses (or rather gains, as in extra line breaks) something in the translation. Don't know which party is responsible for that, but it's still nice to have the option in addition to the Google BlogThis! button on the toolbar. HAND-pda

Comments:
Good for you!!!! We're thrilled that we can be a part of you achieving your goal!! Keep us current of your progress....both good and bad so we can encourage you too when you need it.
Peace,
FG
 
Thanks Frannie,

I left this note for BW on this thread at 43T:

I listened to a tutorial CD that came with the FC/PC planner and Stephen Covey addressed the tremendous flow of information (input/output) we have to deal with on a daily basis. His best advice was to integrate the software so that we're not duplicating our efforts to maintain the plan. So far, I am really making some progress on my most important goals, whereas, before I learned to use the planner as it was designed, my never-ending TODO list just seemed too overwhelming to handle.

You know that's why I first hesitated to join the new blog, since I was already having trouble keeping up with 43Things/People/Ideas, etc., etc. , until BW pointed out the option to do double duty with the click of a button and post in both places at once -- that makes all the difference in the world! Now if the 43T folks would provide us with a blank page and the option to send it in one of "43" (more or less) directions here on the site itself.

For example, instead of surfing over to 43 Ideas to post this to my list, I could have the option to dual post just as with Blogger. Instead I'll need to save this idea or the URL to a notepad and make myself a note to get back over to 43Ideas and add this one sometime. I'd do it now, but I really want to get over to 43People and write up something about the inspirational friends (including you-know-who) I've met here on 43T :) I'm trying to whittle down my groups/correspondence cycle to a turnaround time of one-two weeks rather than one-two months, but life goes on offline, as you well know!

Thanks to everyone for the notes of encouragement. Until we meet again, Amigos --

Vayan con Dios :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?