Friday, September 02, 2005

Leap of faith

Come to the edge, He said.
They said: We are afraid.
Come to the edge, He said.
They came,He pushed them,...........and they flew.
~Guillaume Apollinaire


How many times in life have we felt like we are standing on the edge of a frightening and deadly precipice with no way out? I don't know about you....but I have felt that way many times. Each time however I have felt the gentle nudging of my God to trust Him and take a blind leap of faith. When I let go of my fears and my insecurities,my anger and my doubt I can jump......and each time He has caught me.
Much easier said than done though, right? Of course it is. The circumstances we are in dictate those fears and insecurities, anger and doubt. The key however is to come to the realization that as you stand on the edge of that precipice there is no turning back.....only forward. Those things are done and gone, they can not be undone unfortunately,they can not be taken back. So what are your choices from here? You can crumble and give up because things didn't go the way they were supposed to. You can become bitter and hard because things didn't go the way they were supposed to. Or, you can stand up,take a deep and possibly painful breath and somehow go on because for some reason things just didn't go the way they were supposed to. No matter what you can't change the fact that things didn't go the way they were supposed to, but you CAN change how you react to it.
When you feel you're at that edge, with a wasteland behind you.......take that frightening leap........He will never let you fall from His grasp.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?